This year will be a pivotal year for Open Banking in Canada. But many questions remain. Will the big five banks embrace a truly open environment, and how far can we progress after a slow start to implementation?
Join the fintech community in June to unpick these crucial questions and more as we truly move the dial in anticipation of the roadmap announcement.
- 500+ attendees, 60+ speakers, 20+ exhibitors and 20+ hours of critical content
- Hear from Finance Canada, RBC, CIBC, BMO, EQ Bank, ATB Financial, Large Credit Union Coalition, and more!
- Choose from high-octane sessions across three stages delivered by 60+ innovators, disruptors and visionaries from banks, credit unions, and fintechs
- Work the Expo floor! With so many partners showcasing their Open Banking innovation you might find the collaboration to achieve your objectives
- Pre-book meetings in the dedicated networking zone with peers across the Open Banking
ecosystem using the event app now!
- Finish off the day at the conference networking dinner
Many of Fintechs Canada’s members will be on stage at the event:
- EQ Bank’s Mahima Poddar will participate in a frank discussion on the current state of Canada’s Open Banking landscape and what can be done to ensure a successful and timely delivery.
- Borrowell’s Andrew Graham will delve into the challenges and opportunities that come with aligning policy to technology, debate the speed and efficacy of the current operational roadmap.
- EQ Bank’s Andrew Moor will discuss how Open Banking is a great start to defining the rights of citizens and the obligations of corporations and government in a digital society.
- Wealthsimple’s Abdi Hersi will explore how to navigate the challenges of the financial innovation landscape and achieve coherence for a stable and secure Canadian financial system with so much going on, from privacy law reform to payments modernization.
- Equifax’s Sandy Kyriakatos will discuss what Open Banking means for Open Finance and Open Data.
- Stripe’s Chris Renton will explore how paying by bank is the emerging trend displacing card payments.
- Flinks’ Adam Gibson, EQ Bank’s Cathy Li, and Fintechs Canada’s Alex Vronces will discuss the challenges to open banking implementation in Canada.
- Interac’s Colette Stewart will explore the intersection of Open Banking and Digital ID.
- Xero’s Faye Pang will discuss how Open Banking will help Canada’s community of small- and medium-sized businesses.