For the purposes of this Policy, “you” refers to a Member or non-Member of Fintechs. “Member” means an individual who has been accepted for membership in Fintechs or who seeks to become a member of Fintechs.
Collection of Personal Information
Fintechs collects personal information from you to fulfill our mandate. Purposes include:
- Reviewing and processing Membership applications;
- Managing our relationships with Members and non-Members;
- Distributing our newsletter, research findings, invitations to events and programs and surveys;
- Responding to inquiries and concerns;
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Communicating for any other purpose for which we have consent.
How we Collect Personal Information
Information is typically collected directly from you or through our interactions with you which may include:
- When information is entered on our Website when applying for a Fintechs membership or subscribing to our newsletter; and
- Information you provide to us in online forms such as event registrations or surveys.
How we Share Your Personal Information
We hold all information concerning a Member or non-Member in strict confidence. We may transfer your Personal Information to third-party service providers for the purposes of carrying out our activities and events (including hosting our Website). These third parties are obligated to adhere to confidentiality obligations and protect data that is consistent with this Policy.
Apart from third-party service providers, Fintechs does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties unless:
- You have provided us with your express consent for doing so;
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for us to be able to enforce our policies;
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud or security breaches; or
- Applicable law or a court order requires us to disclose it.
Fintechs will not rent, sell or trade any of your Personal Information. We may share aggregate anonymous data to select third parties in accordance with this Policy.
How we Protect and Retain Your Personal Information
We maintain your Personal Information on a confidential basis and have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody and control against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. However, given that electronically submitted data is not 100% secure, we make no warranties as to the security of any such Personal Information that you submit, which you do at your own risk.
Personal Information collected for a specific purpose will only be used and retained for as long as necessary to fufill that purpose.
Third Party Links
Visiting our Website
When you access our Website, our servers automatically collect user information for traffic monitoring and statistical purposes. We cannot identify you from this information, which includes IP addresses of computers accessing the Website, the operating systems and the types and versions of browsers used to access the site, the date and time the site is accessed, the pages visited, the key words used in the search engine and the name and size of files requested.
Withdrawing Your Consent
You may withdraw your consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Information at any time, subject to reasonable notice and any legal and/or contractual obligations. Please email us at the contact information set out in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy. If you sign up to receive our newsletters, we will provide a link to unsubscribe.
Changes to this Policy
Fintechs reserves the right to change and/or update this Policy at any time with or without notice. We will post the updated Policy on our Website and will revise the “Last Updated” date. We encourage you to revisit this page to stay informed about our Personal Information practices.
If you have any questions about this Policy or Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: September 15, 2023